KM – Medium Outdoor Air Cooled Condensing UnitsJuly 21, 2016
KF – Outdoor Air Cooled Multi-Compressor Condensing UnitsJuly 21, 2016
This unit features single or dual compressor(s) and a vertical discharge air-cooled condenser that is suitable for large walk-in coolers and freezers, blast freezers, warehouse applications and air conditioned spaces where roof mounted condensers are most practical. Using high efficiency compressors and utilizing the THERMOSPAN™ condenser core design, the unit meets all application needs from 15 to 100 Hp (high and medium temperature) and 10 to 80 Hp (low temperature).
Our KVS/KVD condensing units meet or exceed the new “AWEF” requirements for condensing units. Use this guide which collects all of the AWEF numbers for compliant equipment: https://docs.k-rp.com/awef/kr_awef_quick_reference.pdf
Have questions about AWEF, WICF, etc.? Visit our AWEF-FAQ
- Compatible with Low GWP Refrigerants
- Units are CULUS Listed.
- Designed for use with various popular refrigerants.
- Energy efficient compressors with POE or mineral oil.
- Several compressor options to choose from: Copeland Discus and Bitzer reciprocating.
- Single, Dual and parallel-piped (optional) compressor configurations available.
- ThermospanTM condenser core design eliminates tube sheet leaks and provides reliable operation.
- 3/8″ condenser tubes reduce refrigerant charge.
- Generously sized condenser allows unit to operate at higher than normal ambient conditions.
- Optional coating and fin surfaces for condenser core protection available.
- Specially designed, thermally protected and permanently lubricated ball bearing condenser fan motor(s).
- Receivers (where used) are liberally sized and include inlet as well as outlet service valves.
- Subcooling circuit in condenser on all models (except on H8 models) increases overall system efficiency and provides dependable compressor operation.
- Utilizes pre-formed internal piping, eliminates welded joints and reduces chances of a leak.
- Electrical components are housed in a spacious and conveniently located panel. In case of a compressor trip, (except on air conditioning models) a lock-out relay de-energizes the liquid line solenoid valve. In addition, SPDT contact is provided for field wired alarm circuit.
- End compartment panels allow unrestricted access to service the compressor(s) and all other components.
- Raceway for pressure control wiring and connections provides neat appearance.
- Units are available with energy efficient ThermosaverTM hot gas defrost option.
- Units are environmentally friendly operating on less power and refrigerant charge.
Standard features include:
- Spring mount compressor with discharge vibration eliminator.
- Compressor head cooling fans on low temperature models (except L8 units)
- Compressor crankcase heater
- Flexible hose on all compressor pressure control connections
- Two valve adjustable (pre-set at factory) low ambient head pressure control.
- Condenser fan cycling control (pressure) on two-fan models and up.
- Fused condenser fan motors
- Receiver inlet/outlet valves and safety pressure relief valve
- Replaceable liquid line drier & sight glass
- Anti-short cycle time delay relay
- Oil failure control (non-electronic)
- Separate HP and LP compressor controls.
- Part-winding start on all 30 HP and up, operating on 208/230V-3Ph.
- Lock out relay.
- Sub-cooling circuit on medium and low temperature units.
- Electronic liquid injection on L8 units.
- NEW Pre-Selected Factory Mounted Options Packages
- Limitrol+ Head Pressure Control System
- Suction line vibration eliminator
- Suction accumulator (with or without heat exchanger)
- Replaceable suction filter
- Insulated suction lines.
- Crankcase Pressure Regulating valve
- Compressor capacity control (cylinder unloading on 4D-6D-6F compressors or ModuloadTM on 3D compressor)
- Discharge line check valve
- Hot gas bypass tees / regulating valves / de-superheating TXV
- Oil separator
- Oversized condenser
- Oversized receiver
- Heated and insulated receiver
- ThermosaverTM defrost.
- Disconnect switch (fused or non-fused).
- Compressor circuit breaker
- Electronic Oil failure control
- Voltage / Phase monitor
- Part-winding start (standard on 30HP and up operating on 208/230-3)
- Defrost Time clock
- Defrost Heater / Evaporator Fan Contactors with fuse block
- Single point electrical service hook up for evaporator and controls
- Variable speed EC motors only as head pressure control
- High, medium and low temperature applications.
- Dual or Single Compressor
- Nominal Capacities from 10 to 100 Tons for high, medium and low temperature applications
Product Manuals & Specifications:
Product Data and Specifications (Copeland Compressor Models)
Product Data and Specifications (Bitzer Compressor Models)
General Product Specifications
Limitrol+ Application Guide
Head Pressure Control Application Guide
Related Sales Material:
About Heated And Insulated Receivers
Evaporator Defrost Kit and Fuse Package Selector
Shafted EC Motors
ThermoSaver Hot Gas Defrost System
Download AutoCAD Drawings
Download High-Resolution Image
AWEF numbers for KeepRite Refrigeration AWEF-compliant condensing units